CurriculuM, PrograM & CLASSROOM Instruction
As a school that strives to place students at the center of everything we do, we commit to creating curricula and programs that deliver academic excellence to every child. It is our responsibility to create an environment of learning and justice for all students and to prepare them to be active global citizens. In addition, as a school that values the dignity of all members of our community, we commit to creating a deep sense of belonging in all classrooms. We are a community of life-long learners who strive to improve our practice through sustained reflection and evaluation of our instructional practices.
- Provide safe, developmentally appropriate, facilitated affinity spaces for students of varied identities - particularly for those in historically underrepresented and marginalized groups in the Upper Division. Support all students in exploring all intersecting aspects of identity, especially their racial development. (2020-2021)
- Evaluate and revise as needed, the policies and approach to Secondary School Counseling at Park. Alignment with the School's antiracist policies is crucial as the staff support and meet the needs of all families equitably. Consider the staffing structure, test preparation, counseling model, and resources available. (2020-2021)
- Evaluate and revise as necessary systems for sectioning, communication with families, classroom setup and behavioral agreements, and student support. (2021-2022)
- Review and revise the current teacher supervision and evaluation model. Create and incorporate standards for multicultural, inclusive, and antiracist practice so that all students experience true belonging in all classrooms. (2021-2022)
- Create a curriculum within Grade 6-8 Growth Education to explore racism, bias, and allyship. (2021-2022)
- Create systems to ensure that students receiving financial aid with learning needs identified in partnership with Academic Support have access to educational testing. (2021-2022)