GOOD TEACHING SHOULD BE A LIVELY CONVERSATION—ONE IN WHICH YOU SHOW, BY THE WAY YOU TEACH, YOUR HIGH REGARD FOR YOUR STUDENTS AS FELLOW LEARNERS. GRADE 4 TEACHER
You observe your child’s natural love of learning every day. Park not only preserves that enthusiasm, but nurtures and builds upon it. Our experienced teachers guide and support students on their Lower Division journey, helping them master not only the fundamentals of language arts, math, social studies, and science, but also self-awareness, confidence, and citizenship. As students progress, they take on age-appropriate levels of challenge and responsibility, all the while feeding their curiosity and enjoying their educational adventure.
Hallmarks of Park’s Lower Division
- Social-emotional learning. We educate the whole child at Park. That includes developing listening skills, empathy, kindness, and compassion.
- Students get the challenge they need. Every student is well known here. Our teachers make sure each child is given the appropriate challenge according to their unique learning style, skills, and needs.
- Children find their voice. Beginning at a young age, students get many opportunities to share their ideas, their talents, and their love of learning.
- Parents are our partners. Parents are a crucial part of their children’s progression. So we maintain frequent communication between you and your child’s teacher with weekly newsletters, daily informal check-ins, and comprehensive conferences in the fall and spring.
- Project-based learning. To make learning engaging, holistic, and relevant, teachers create hands-on projects that bring lessons to life.